A Year (or More) of Photos

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, November 7, 2016

Vote!

Vote! - Two of these photos were taken late on election day, 2008, when Barack Obama was elected president.

Voters coming and going in the last hour or two at the Ronald P. Forbes Recreation Center in Pinellas Park, Florida. Most people I spoke with mentioned the importance of having their voices/votes heard.



My son and I spoke with this poll worker who was assisting voters, answering questions about polling places, making sure people were in the right place. When asked if he wanted to say who he favored to win, he simply smiled and said, "Well, I really can't say, since I don't want to sway anyone's vote. But I've been a staunch Democrat my whole life, and vote accordingly."



Brent, with the Pinellas County's Republican party. I ran into him both on election day in 2012, when President Obama ran against Mitt Romney, as well as during the 2014 election when Florida Gov. Rick Scott was up for re-election.



Finally, a subtle hint to VOTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment